Quantum Resources Group
Leader: Kamil Korzekwa
- dr Kamil Korzekwa (group leader)
- Oliver Reardon-Smith (postdoc)
- Roberto Salazar (postdoc)
- Alexssandre de Oliveira Junior (PhD student)
- Piotr Przedwojski (BSc student)
The broad aim of the group is to develop a theoretical framework underpinning quantum technologies, with a particular focus on quantum computing and quantum thermodynamics.
The main goals of the group are:
- Identifying resources responsible for quantum advantage over classical strategies in various information-theoretic and thermodynamic tasks.
- Characterising allowed resource transformations in different regimes.
- Finding optimal ways to experimentally implement protocols exhibiting quantum advantage, while taking into account realistic constraints.
These goals will be achieved within three research objectives:
- Development of a unified framework for classical simulations of quantum circuits.
- Devising feasible thermodynamic protocols exhibiting quantum advantage.
- Constructing operational scenarios within the resource theory of coherence.
The detailed research agenda, with the description of specific research directions that the group will pursue, is available here.
Extended research agenda
Team website available here.